moriah.jeanae

man's greatness lies in his power of thought...

This Is Where I Belong

Written March 2007
The sun peeks over the trees and it is another beautiful summer morning. As I enter the stable a cool breeze rushes through the barn doors bringing life to all inside. The horses breathe deeply as if relieved from the rays of the hot sun, and they turn to greet me as I leisurely walk past. I mount my horse and a sense of security falls upon me, knowing now that we are 'one'. The gate opens and once again we embark on a great outdoor adventure. The trails of the wood wind and turn showing life in every direction, and the sun shines above casting shadows on the path below. We come to an open field. I pull gently upon the reigns, but he continues on as if looking for just the right spot. He stops. With the wind on my back and the sun on my face I take in the beautiful Creation of God. The tall grass sways in the gentle blowing wind. Birds fly above singing songs to one another and the trees are filled with the sound of busy woodpeckers. As we gaze at the sky, clouds are overhead. The sun still shines and raindrops fall. I stand in amazement as I come to realize that this is all made for me. The beautiful flowers that poke through the grass were made with a special love only HE can give. The birds that are singing are HIS way of singing a love song to me. When the grass sways and the trees bend, it is God breathing life into HIS world. And when the sun so brightly shines, HE is sending rays of love that warm the heart and soul.

As we stand for just a few moments more, thoughts run through my head. Only a small number of people understand completely. There is an indescribable amount of peace when I ride my horse and visit this place. Thank you Jesus. It is now that I realize....
this is where I belong.

0 comment(s):