moriah.jeanae

man's greatness lies in his power of thought...

Christ Be Their Comfort

Written Christmas Eve December 2006
Be their comfort this I pray;
Guide them through each passing day.
Be their fortress and their song;
Be the peace that keeps them strong.

Be their comfort this I pray;
Soothe their soul and light their way.
Help them smile and seek your face;
Let them feel your warm embrace.

Be their comfort this I pray;
Take their grief and tears away.
Hold them close and don’t let go.
Save them from this mighty blow.

Be my help oh Lord I pray;
Your love is what I will portray.
Help me speak what must be heard
And give me wisdom from your Word.

You are their comfort, this I see;
I thank you Lord for hearing me.
Your words are true, your love is strong;
Be their shelter all lifelong.

This poem was written for Larry and Sue Hogan after the Larry's father
passed away on Christmas Eve of 2006. They mean so much to me,
and to see them in pain urged me to write something.
**This is by far my personal favorite

0 comment(s):