The Strength of a Flower
Written March of 2008
I wrote this poem just for you,
To help with what you’re going through.
It might just make you want to cry,
Or maybe even smile some, too!
The flowers don’t know when they’ll die
Yet every day they face the sky.
They feed the hungry bird and bee
And when it’s night they say goodbye.
A harsh wind blows so strong and free,
Yet there they stand so fearlessly.
The flowers know where their strength lies:
It is with He who is Holy.
We humans don’t know when we’ll die
Yet every day we face the sky.
We show God’s love for all to see
And when it’s night we say goodbye.
A harsh wind blows so strong and free
And here we stand so fearfully.
Do we not know where our strength lies?
It is with He who is Holy.
So easily the flowers bend
And yet they never break a stem.
We ought to think of how they live
And strive to make our lives like them.
We face some hard times now and then,
But learn from this that God is strong.
He’ll be your strength and wipe your tears
And make you sing a brand new song.
this poem i wrote for Mrs. DuJack after the death f her father on February 29th, 2008.



1 comment(s):
Wow!!! That poem is sooooo good!! Do you write alotof poems? haha...I love to write!i tihnk it is the most freeing thing to do in the world! I can express my emotions so much better on paper! Lately i've been wrting alot of songs. I looooove playing guitar and Piano so i have been able to put my songs to music. I looove msuic!
Post a Comment