To My Teacher
written December 2008
I may have known you for a while, or maybe we just met
But, either way I found a friend - and you I won’t forget.
You listen to the joyful times and pray about the sad,
You even find the good in things when life seems oh so bad.
Somehow you see past eyes of green and look into my heart.
I’m thankful for the faith you’ve had in me right from the start.
Our memories are in my heart to stay until I die,
But, yet it aches to think about the day we’ll say “goodbye.”
Wherever I may go in life, whatever I may do
I’ll always look back to the past and thank the Lord for you.
Thank you for being my teacher.
You are appreciated more than words can say.
This poem was written and dedicated to my highschool teachers. They each have their own special way of making me smile and I truly enjoy being with them every day. Thank you Lord for my teachers.



0 comment(s):
Post a Comment